The organisers of Peak to Powderkeg reserve the right to act on Ruapehu Alpine Lifts’ advice to put in place the applicable contingency plans should the risk to the safety of the competitors be deemed unreasonable.
The Contingency Committee may consider implementing one or more of the following strategies if deemed necessary in the interests of athlete safety:
- Shorten the distance of the Snow Stage through the implementation of an alternative course
- Delay the start of the event
- Postpone the event to the contingency day
- Deletion of a stage to allow for a shortened event (Run-Bike-Scull)
- Cancellation of the event.
The event may be delayed up to a maximum of one hour from the preferred start time.
Prize Giving will remain at 8pm.
An alternative snow stage course may be used to reflect weather and/or snow conditions. Any course changes will be communicated at competitor briefing.
Deletion of a Stage (Run-Bike-Scull)
Athletes continue the Event with advertised (or advised) Run, Bike and Scull Courses. All Athletes will be communicated with at the time of the decision.
The event timeline is transferred to the contingency date. All athletes will be communicated with at the time of the decision.
If the Contingency Committee decides the event will be cancelled, the event timeline becomes null and void. All Athletes will be communicated with at the time of the decision.
If the event is cancelled the BBQ will still go ahead at the planned time.
Under no circumstances shall the organisers of Peak to Powderkeg be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond its reasonable control including without limitation; fires, flood, storms, explosion, acts of God, war, governmental actions or non performance by third parties.