The organisers of Peak to Powderkeg reserve the right to act on Ruapehu Alpine Lifts advice to put in place the applicable poor weather contingency plans should the risk to the safety of the competitors be deemed unreasonable.
This event is held in an alpine environment and is a challenge to the Competitors. Contingency plans exist in the way of running the Event using an alternate course for the Snow Stage if conditions allow, however, if the weather is not conducive to running the event in a safety conscious manner the event will be cancelled.
The decision to proceed, alter or cancel the Event will be made by the Contingency Committee.
The Contingency Committee may consider implementing one or more of the following strategies if deemed necessary in the interests of athlete safety:
- Shorten the distance of the Snow Stage through the implementation of an alternative Course
- Delay the start of the Event
- Postpone the Event to the Contingency Day
- Deletion of a stage to allow for a 3 stage Triathlon (Run-Bike-Skull)
- Cancellation of the event
Any decision to cancel the Event is final and will be made in the interest of both athlete and Event personnel safety.
If the Contingency Committee decide the preferred Event is to be delayed up to a maximum of one hour from the preferred start time, the Event timeline will be altered by the delay.
The Prize Giving will remain at 8pm.
If the Contingency Committee decide the preferred Event will use an alternative Snow Stage course, the Event timeline remains the same. All Athletes will be communicated with at the time of the decision.
Deletion of a Stage (Run-Bike-Skull)
If the Contingency Committee decide to conduct a 3 stage Triathlon (Run-Bike-Skull), the Event waves will start as follows:
- 5:10pm Male Individual Athletes
- 5:15pm Female and Youth Individual Athletes
- 5:20pm Teams
Athletes continue the Event with advertised (or advised) Run, Bike and Skull Courses. All Athletes will be communicated with at the time of the decision.
If the Contingency Committee decide the preferred Event will be postponed, the Event timeline is transferred to the Contingency Date. All Athletes will be communicated with at the time of the decision.
In the event that the committee rules the Snow, Run, and Bike stages cannot safely take place, the Event will be cancelled.
If the Contingency Committee decide the Event will be cancelled, the Event timeline becomes null and void. All Athletes will be communicated with at the time of the decision.
If the Event is Cancelled on the Contingency Date, the BBQ will still go ahead at the planned time.
Whilst absolutely every effort will be made to run the Event, it is possible that all or part of the event may have to be cancelled at any stage due to extreme factors. (See Force Majeure below).
If the Event is cancelled, then the organisers of Peak to Powderkeg do not have to give refunds.The Terms and Conditions of the event state that event registration is non refundable. Refunds of unscheduled registration cancellations will be assessed on a case by case basis however please be aware that the organisers reserve the right to retain the fee. Where possible, a discount will be provided for a future event.
Under no circumstances shall the organisers of Peak to Powderkeg be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond its reasonable control including without limitation; fires, flood, storms, explosion, acts of God, war, governmental actions or non performance by third parties.